The Okuma Surf-8K long casting surf spinning reel features the latest technology to give the angler the ultimate distance on every cast. Today’s anglers want lightweight reels that they can cast all day and have extreme capacity for the ultimate in distance. The Surf-8K was built to be the top caster in its category.
The Surf-8K long casting spinning reel was designed with the leading surf fisherman around the country. The Surf-8K features graphite rotor, side plates and frame for light weight feel and durability. The aluminum tapered spool gives minimal resistance for free line release creating extreme distance. Another key technology in the Surf-8K reel is the slow oscillation system. This slower oscillation system gives an exceptional line lay upon retrieve, and is optimized for use with braided line.
The Surf-8K long casting spinning reel brings its technology to one key size, the 8K. The Surf-8K contains 6 total stainless steel ball bearings and features a fish stopping 40lbs of drag pressure with its carbonite drag washers.
The key features on the Surf-8K spinning reels include the tapered spool system for reduced resistance and extreme casting distance. The slow oscillation system and cyclonic flow rotor keep your line lay even and dry. The Surf-8K also has a machined aluminum screw handle design as well as machined aluminum anodized spool with LCS lip to reduce wind knots.
- On/Off auto trip bait feeding system
- DFD: Precision Dual Force Drag system
- Carbonite drag washers on Dual Force Drag
- Heavy duty, brass DFD and spool shaft stabilizer
- 5HPB+1RB corrosion resistant stainless steel bearings
- Quick-Set ant-reverse bearing allows for zero back play in handle
- CRC: Corrosion-Resistant Coasting process
- Machined aluminum, screw in handle system
- Slow oscillation system for improved line lay
- Corrosion resistant graphite body and rotor
- CFR: Cyclonic Flow Rotor technology
- Hydro Block water tight drag seal
- Machined aluminum, 2-tone anodized spool with LCS lip
- Heavy duty solid aluminum bail wire
- RESII: Computer balanced Rotor Equalizing System